Speaking of my babies, they are both wonderful! They both are getting over coughs/colds and they did visit the doctor this past week. Nicholas was given an antibiotic as he had a fever the week before and his nose was running really bad. Sarah Kate just has the cough so we are simply using a humidifier at night and waiting it out. They are both getting better each day.
This week was relatively uneventful. We did attend an event Friday night that was a lot of fun. Scott's work hosted a family clam boil at Francis Farm in Rehoboth and we had a great time. It was nice to see all of the people Scott works with and their families. The food was delicious!!!! They also rented a bouncy house and an "obstacle course blow up thing." The obstacle course thing was amazing! Nicholas absolutely loved it!!! He spent the whole night in it as did all the kids. By the end of the night he was climbing the 20 ft. "rock wall" at the end of it and sliding down just like the big boys. It was shocking to see the difference between his first run through it and how easily he was going through at the end of the night. As you know, his gross motor skills are a bit behind and this activity was exactly the practice he needed. I wish I took a picture of it, it was pretty cool!!! :-) Nicholas also started a summer gym program at the Little Gym in Raynham. It is weekly on Tuesday nights for one hour. We went last summer and he loved it so we are back. This year I get to sit and watch through the observation window which is a lot of fun. Last year it was a parent/child class. The class is called beginning sports skills development and the kids in the class range from three to five. He loved week one!! I will get a photo next time of this!
This week I only took a couple of photos. Here are a couple of "A day in the life of Sarah Kate"...
She always sits in this chair in the kitchen and kicks! She loves it!
Then she'll nap for a few minutes...
Nicholas plays in the kitchen sink EVERY DAY!!!!!! He pulls up a stool and stands there for at least a half hour each time. He loves playing with the dirty baby bottles! This day was extra fun as there were dishes in it to fill with water!
Saturday morning Nicholas and I made oatmeal cookies in our pajamas! He loves to help bake, cook, or with just about anything! Here he is enjoying the batter with a spoon...
and his finger...
The big news of the week is that we now have a pool!! We have one of the little blue pools that so many families have these days. We wanted to try out a small pool before investing in a big one. Scott set it up today and the kids had a blast!!! Here is Nicholas waiting to go in. Daddy was just finishing the ladder and he was waiting to go...
Here is Sarah Kate in her bathing suit waiting too!
So...I thought about this and thought about this and I decided to share a couple pool photos even though they include me in a bathing suit. I am not happy with the fact that I am seen in my bathing suit as I had far too much fun the past few months eating and not exercising. But, it is all about my kids and so here are the photos. Sarah Kate LOVED the pool and floated all around in her frog. The frog's top has an SPF of 50 so I could bring her in late afternoon.
1 comment:
i can not believe you have a big pool!!!!!!!!!!!
love mia
Post a Comment