This week has been a bit challenging for me! Scott left Wednesday morning for a week long trip to Atlanta for work. The first few days were a breeze as his parents stayed with me and helped out so much with the kids and around the house. After they left on Friday afternoon I have been by myself with the children! Oh my! I have loved being with them and cherish my time with them, however something had to give. Housework has gone out the window! Oh well...just please don't stop my unannounced! :-)
Monday Sarah Kate turned 3 weeks old! Here she is below on her milestone day...


Also on Monday she had her first full bath. Her umbilical cord took a long time to fall off when it finally did we had to wait a couple of days until we were all here to watch her first bath! Here we are...
Getting ready to go in...

She didn't seem to mind at all. She didn't cry and actually seemed to like it! Nicholas likes to help with EVERYTHING and this wasn't any different!

So precious...

Drying off after the bath...

Pajama Time! This is where Nicholas stands every time I change her diaper or dress her. He has a stool here at the changing table in her room and one in the living room near the pack and play. He has to hand me wipes and the diaper every time. Also, he is thrilled that the umbilical cord fell off as it was sort of gross to him!

This week Gram was feeding her and look what she did with her hands! Three weeks old and already holding her own bottle! Such a smarty!

Here she is in her darling yellow dress that her birthmother bought for her while we were in Florida. I'm so happy we had a warm day before she outgrew it. Speaking of outgrowing things, we already had to pack up the newborn clothes and 0 to 3 months are not long for our growing girl!

Scott's mom and dad helped so much and they even found time to wash our house windows! When they did they collected all the ladybugs that have been visiting us and put them in Nicholas' bug box. He thought that was very neat! Of course all he wanted to do was open the little door and let them out. Right after this photo his gram took him outside t let them go!

Nicholas loves going to preschool two mornings a week. A highlight is library day on Thursday. We get so excited each week to see his new library book and to return the one he borrowed the week before. Every night we read the library book. Well, Thursday I picked him up at school and the first thing I said in the car was "What book did you get today at the library?" Oops! He started to cry! Apparently Nicholas' speech teacher took him out to work with him at that time and he missed library. I felt so bad!! On one hand I understand that speech is so important and it is probably best he missed library instead of classroom time. Also, as a teacher I understand that it is so hard to take everyone at the optimal time in the day. However, the mom in me wants to write a note to his teacher and tell her how sad he was and see if this could be avoided in the future as he LOVES library. But...I won't do it...this is preschool and it is important that he knows that sometimes things don't always go as we would like them to. To help deal with this though his gram and I took him to the Taunton Public Library that night and he took out 5 books! He was thrilled!!!!! Nicholas has been to the library before but this was a special trip because now that he is the big three he got his own library card!!!!! Here are my children on the day that Nicholas got his library card and Sarah Kate's first trip to the library...


Lastly, here is a cute photo to end this week's post. Sarah Kate loves to fall asleep laying on someone during the day. Her Gram was thrilled to take on the roll of her pillow...
2 comments:
Hey- don't worry about the house work - I don't think I have cleaned my house they way I used to in a month! Many people told me, you just have to let housework slide! It's hard, but it is so much more fun to be with the baby! Your pics are adorable!
I love reading all about your week! It is now my tradition at lunch time on Mondays to read the Sunday post! Keep them coming!!!
Susan:)
Post a Comment