Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2 Months Home

Nicholas has been home 2 months as of January 1st! This fact is amazing to Scott and I as we feel like he has been with us for so much longer than that. He continues to amaze us daily with all that he does and how quickly he learns new things. He is now a very steady walker and is starting to walk really fast. He also loves to be chased! His love of books is amazing and he brings us books everyday that he wants us to read to him. His favorite thing to do is sit on our laps with a blanket around his legs and have us read to him. He loves books that have flaps to open or textures to feel. Speaking of books, he visited our public library twice this week. We went and explored the children's room and he took out three books (Nicholas walked around and played with the toys as I chose 3 books he'd like). Also, the next day his gram took him to story time and they both enjoyed it very much. In addition, we started a 45 minute long class called Tumblebugs at our local YMCA this past Monday and we had so much fun. This Friday we are starting a half hour swim class which should also prove to be fun. Nicholas loves water...taking a bath and playing in the sink. It will be interesting to see his reaction to an Olympic size pool!! I am so glad that I am off from work during the month of January and that I can do these special activities with him. We have spent so much time in the house the past couple months and he is so ready to take part in new adventures!

Here are some pictures from this month so far...

Here is Nicholas when visiting friends of mine on January 3rd! Every time I try
to take his picture he runs toward the camera and laughs!

Here he is on his mew learning chair that Father Frost brought him on New Year's Day. In Russia Father Frost leaves a gift for children under the New Year Tree on that day.
At least three times a week my little sweetie decides to play in the one cabinet that is not childproofed as it is safe for him! We are now practicing how to put everything back in the cabinet too!

He loves putting the bowls on his head for some reason!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammi!

Happy two months home! I know what you mean when you say it feels like our children have been with us forever!

I love the pictures of Nicholas in the tupperwear cabinet...priceless.
Angelina used to run to the camera and laugh too, and I used to get some great shots of her smiling, but now she just turns her head. I hope Nicholas does not get to that point!
See you next week!
Adrian