There isn't any new news this week regarding our court date! We are expecting to maybe get the call next week, the week of the 18
th. I did hear from the adoption agency today that they do not think that the current war between Russia and Georgia will affect the adoption. We were relieved to hear that!
Here are some pictures of
Nicholas' playroom and bedroom!
** Here is Cooper laying on the new rug in the playroom. I bought this rug so long ago as I just had to have it!!! It is so soft too!!!

** Here is the view of the playroom from the kitchen...

** Here are the toys that we can't wait to play with when Nicholas comes home...

This is Nicholas' bedroom...Cooper follows me everywhere with that tennis ball!!!!

**The built-in book shelves that Scott built between the closets are filled with some of our favorite stories!!

** This book shelf is in the "book nook." I saw one like this in a speciality baby store for $49 and was showing it to Scott before I ordered it. Well...of course Scott said that he could make it with scrap wood in the basement for free! He did it so quickly one night and I just love it!! It is even nicer than the one from the store. I'm sure Nicholas will love the fact that Daddy made it!!!

** Here is the book nook area. We are going to get a thick piece of foam, cover it with fabric, and put it in the majority of the area as the floor is too hard to lay on. I love the bear sleeping bag as it was my sister Katy's when she was a little girl!!

More pictures of the room...

The crib and the glider...

We had so much fun setting up the bedroom and playroom for Nicholas! We are as ready as we are going to be to go to Russia and bring home our son!! Please keep Nicholas in your prayers as we wait patiently to bring him home!!! In the meantime we are enjoying the Olympic games so much! We love seeing sites in China and learning more about the culture as we hope to some day bring home Nicholas' sister Ava from China!! It has been kind of funny watching the events as of course I want the United States to take the gold but I am also so happy when Russia and China do well!! Again, thank you everyone for your ongoing support and encouragement!!!
Hopefully we'll hear good news very soon....
3 comments:
Tammi,
The rooms look fabulous! I love the map rug as well. You will have to put a small star where Bryansk is located! Be careful with the paper books, Angelina would have crumpled and ripped them by now. She loves chewing on the board books! I am hoping that you hear something soon!
Adrian
Tammi,
The bedroom and playroom look great! So nice and organized, I'm sure Nicholas won't keep it that way for long :) I am keeping you all in my thoughts for a call real soon.
Lori
Hi Mrs. Swensen,The room looks soo good! You both did a very nice job with everything and I'm sure Nicholas will love all of it :) Katie
Post a Comment