Monday, August 4, 2008

Now it is August!!!!


A Baby Shower!!!! Yesterday my family and friends hosted an amazing baby shower for us!!! It was everything I ever imagined it would be!! We had a wonderful brunch at a country club close to my house and so many of our closest friends and family members came to celebrate Nicholas' upcoming arrival home!! There were so many special touches. Here is a photo of one of the centerpieces. Each table had a different Tonka Truck filled with two of my favorite flowers, daisies which are my favorite and yellow roses that have come to symbolize my mom since her passing as they were her favorite. Nicholas now has a fleet of trucks - everything from a grater to a bulldozer to a steam roller and on and on...let's just say that this was the first box Scott unpacked when we got home! He already has designed a plan for a sandbox, knowing Scott construction will begin this week!
Here is a photo of the gift area prior to the opening of all the amazing gifts we received for Nicholas! We now have everything we need and more!! Everyone brought a favorite book for Nicholas and we now have a special library for him to enjoy for years to come!! I love books!!!!!!
Here is a quick shot of the room as I was walking around saying hello to everyone!

The pictures don't do the day justice but I wanted to share a glimpse of the shower. It was such a memorable day and we were so blessed by an amazing amount of love and support by those closest to us. Thank you everyone for celebrating the arrival of our son!!!
Now...speaking of Nicholas' arrival, I do have a little news. A friend who was in Russia last week bringing home her daughter found out for us that our pretrial hearing should be in a couple weeks and our official court date about 2 weeks after that. It is a couple weeks later than we had hoped so we will be waiting about 9 weeks before we get the call. Apparently summer vacation schedules of the people processing documents has delayed it for us. At first we were sad as we can't wait to bring Nicholas' home, but we quickly got over it as what is 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things!! So..we have a little longer to prepare for our trip and Nicholas' arrival home!! It will not be long now...I'll keep everyone updated. Thank you for your ongoing support and prayers as we continue to wait just a little bit longer....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun putting away all of your new gifts! I love the truck centerpieces! We can't wait to hear that you got the call!
Adrian

Scott & Tammi said...

Sounds like such a wonderful day! I'm glad you're feeling so much better. I hope you get "the" call before you know it.

Lori