Saturday, June 21, 2008

The wait begins again....

Scott and I have officially recovered from jet lag and have started to wait again. We were told that we will probably return to Russia in August if all goes well. We petitioned the court to adopt Nicholas and are waiting for a court date to make the adoption official and final. We expect a 1 to 2 week notice prior to returning to Russia. When we do return we will appear in court and then we will have a mandatory 10 day waiting period before Nicholas is given to us. We have thought a lot about whether or not we will stay in Russia or come home during the 10 day waiting period. We are still debating what we want to do. We are not able to visit Nicholas at that time or else we would definitely stay. We are leaning toward returning home and making a 3rd trip as Scott could work for the week and have a few days off after Nicholas comes home. During the 3rd trip Nicholas will be given to us and we will spend a couple days in Moscow completing some paperwork and obtaining documents through the US Embassy.
Our focus for the next few weeks is preparing the house for Nicholas! Scott had been doing some finish work in the nursery and we are waiting for the carpet to be put in. After that will come the fun part - setting up the furniture and decorating!!! I will post pictures here when the nursery starts coming along.
Last but certainly not least, this first week of the wait was simply amazing!!!! My 4th grade class and my friends at work had a baby shower for me!! Yes, two baby showers already!!! I was so touched by everyone's generosity and love. Nicholas is so blessed, as are Scott and I, to have such wonderful people in our lives. Nicholas is going to be one of the best dressed babies for sure!! Also, as is true with all Bostonians, he is already an official part of Red Sox Nation complete with an official jersey (it says Swensen 1 on the back), warm-up suit, and pj's!! I'll be sure to post some pictures at some point of the gifts!! This is just so exciting!!!!!!!! I'll update weekly as we patiently wait for our court date!!!

No comments: