What a day!!! Today has been filled with excitement and a to do list that keeps getting longer and longer. Our Visa applications were delivered to the Russian Consulate in NY today and our airline tickets have been purchased! Those were the two major tasks of the day. Today was a very special day for me as everyone at school was so excited, friends bought me "mom" and "it's a boy" balloons and my students made me cards wishing me good luck on the trip to meet my son. The whole experience so far as been wonderful! We are so blessed with such loving, supportive family members and friends!
Scott and I are flying out of Logan Saturday afternoon and arriving in Moscow Sunday afternoon (Russia time). We will then take a 6 hour train ride to the Bryansk Region. We will try to get a few hours sleep as we have an appointment on Monday morning to learn all about our son and meet him for the first time!!! We will also scheduled to spend time with him on Tuesday before completing paperwork and starting the long trek back home on Wednesday night. The plane ride is 7 hours from Boston to Germany and then 3 hours from Germany to Moscow. The next week will surely be quite the experience!!!
Lastly for tonight, we do plan on posting pictures of our son on this website Monday night, however we have learned that we can only do that if the website is password protected. Therefore on Thursday I am going to change the setting requiring everyone to type in a password before reading our updates. This is a Russian requirement and is designed for the welfare and protection of the child. So...if you think that I might not have your e-mail and you would like the password, please e-mail me letting me know it. Thursday I will e-mail the password to everyone that wants it. Thanks!
Thanks for your continued support and all the prayers!
2 comments:
I wish you the best. Congrats on your son....enjoy every minute of this whirlwind journey. We have never met but our agency is also WHFC and we too await a referral from China for a second daughter. We are neighbors and close friends of Cheryl, Bruce and now Mya. Cheryl shared your amazing news with me and I wanted to wish you well.
LaSalette
Hey Tammi,
I would love to see the pics and I am not sure if you remembered my email so I'll leave it for you here.
Melissa.DeCastro@yahoo.com
Good luck on your trip! and Congratulations again!
Post a Comment