Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hannah Graduates from UMass Dartmouth!

Well, this week was a great one but not one where I took a lot of photos. I spent a lot of time this week simply playing with my kids and enjoying my last week home with them. I do have to return back to work on Tuesday. Although I love my job, I really wish I could be a full time mom! I do think that I have one of the best jobs for a full time working mom as I do have weekends, holidays, and of course the summer off from work! I will be back to work for five weeks then I'll be home for another nine weeks. I guess I can't complain :-) Also, we are so blessed to have my aunt Carol and Scott's parents as babysitters. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this....

We did have some special events this week. On Saturday we spent the morning flagging the graves of the local veterans in honor of their service to our country. Nicholas was so darling running around with flags. Unfortunately I didn't get the camera out on the first outing and after the break in the car to change diapers, have a snack, and feed Sarah Kate the other volunteers finished and we didn't go back out. It was a meaningful morning and a volunteer opportunity we feel privileged to be a part of. I did forget to mention a couple of weeks ago that Nicholas actually had his photo in the Taunton Daily Gazette twice in one week! Once he was in showing his project to the librarian at the the Taunton Public Library children's story hour. The second time he was pictured putting in flags last Memorial Day. The veterans graves officer saved a photo of him all year and sent it in with his story. It was so special! Last year Nicholas was pictured at the city wide Easter Egg Hunt too. So...our little guy has made the paper three times and he is only three years old...how neat is that!!!

Today was the highlight of the week for us and the camera sure did come out! My cousin Hannah whom I simply adore graduated with her Bachelor's Degree from UMass Dartmouth. I attended the graduation with her parents and then twenty-five family members met at the Waterfront Grill in New Bedford for a celebratory lunch. It was a wonderful day with family spent celebrating Hannah's hard work. Here are some shots from the day....

This is my favorite of the ceremony where you can see Hannah waving to me
after she walked off the stage from getting her degree!

Here is Hannah and her longtime boyfriend, Dennis, who also graduated today from UMass Dartmouth. Hannah wants to be a middle school English teacher and Dennis majored in labratory science and wants to work in a hospital lab. They met a few years ago at the college and I'm sure it won't be too too long before I post wedding photos :-)

The view from the restaurant was fantastic - New Bedford fishing boats...
Scott and I entertaining Nicholas before the food arrived...
Nicholas and Dakota checking out the boats on the deck of the restaurant...

Sarah Kate Avis with her great grandmother, Avis, and her mom!!
We didn't see Miss Sarah Kate much today as she was passed
around so much and loved by so many. Here she is sleeping on my cousin Carol....
Our family....

Nicholas and the graduates....


It
was a wonderful day and we all had a very nice time. Nicholas had a blast! He loved all the attention and the trips outside on the docks to see the boats. Most improtantly, he loved having so many of his family members all together in one room. He sees so many of them regularly but to have them all at one big table was special to him!
Have a wonderful week....

No comments: