Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It is Official...We have a baby girl!

This afternoon the official paperwork for the adoption was signed and we are now legally Sarah Kate's mom and dad! What a wonderful day!! I'm sorry I was not able to post earlier but it was a very, very busy day! Sarah Kate was also discharged from the hospital this evening and we are all home (our Florida home, a beautiful condo in St. Petersburg). There are no words to explain the joy we feel today and we will simply say that God is good and we have been so blessed!

Sarah Kate is doing so well, eating every three hours and sleeping the rest of the time. I'm having so much fun dressing her in pink from head to toe! Nicholas is adjusting well too and loves his little sister! He "helped" feed her and change her diaper tonight.

I will post a some cute photos tomorrow. Right now it is 10:00pm and we are exhausted. The internet connection is slow and we are ready for bed. Nicholas needs his mom and dad to put him to bed and Sarah Kate will need us to feed her in just a couple of hours. We are so excited about night one as a family of four!! Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement and especially the prayers.

14 comments:

Annette Pires said...

Tammi(Mrs. Swensen and Family..I am so happy for you all..what great news!! You and your Husband must be overwhelmed with joy!! What a happy day for all of you!! Can't wait to see your pics!! Enjoy your night!
Talk soon,
Annette Pires

Scott & Tammi said...

You know I think daughters are amazing - and I LOVE the name. Can't wait to meet her. Aunt Linda

Melissa DeCastro said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I cannot wait to meet Sarah Kate!! Call me/email me as soon as you get home so we can get her newborn pics done before Lacey arrives!! :)

Congratualtions!!!

Rachel said...

I AM SO EXCITED! I checked your website every 20 min. from noon until 3:30 yesterday waiting to hear! Enjoy every minute!!!!!

Scott & Tammi said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! I am so happy for all of you!
Take Care & Enjoy!
Kathy Allen

Scott & Tammi said...

Congratulations to you all. Such wonderful news! xo Barry and Ina

Scott & Tammi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all. May God bless your wonderful family of four!
love,
Aunt Peg and Uncle Jim

Scott & Tammi said...

Tam,Scott,and Nick what a perfect addition to your family! She is so cute-Can't wait to have my Nicholas in one arm and Sarah-Kate in the other on home turf. Enjoy every second. XO and a Z for Nick Aunt Carol

Scott & Tammi said...

Wow.. I checked your blog last night, but it must have been right before you posted. I am sooo happy for you. You have all been much in my thoughts!!! What fun you must be having! Looking forward to meeting SarahKate soon! MK

Scott & Tammi said...

This one is for you Nicholas ! I miss YOU. You have a cute baby sister, she is almost as cute a you. Come home soon I need a hug ! Take good care of YAK-E. Give Dad and Mom a hug too. See you soon, Love, Aunt Carol XO and a Z for you.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the Swensen-Sullivan Family. I look forward to the day I meet Sarah Kate!!!

Sarah Louise :D

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the Swensen-Sullivan Family. I look forward to the day I meet Sarah Kate!!!

Sarah Louise :D

Anonymous said...

Tammi,
Congratulations!!!I am so happy to hear your wonderful news!!! Sarah Kate is beautiful!! Best wishes to you all of you!
Sharon

Scott & Tammi said...

Tammi,
Congratulations on your wonderful news!!! Sarah Kate is beautiful! Best wishes to all you!!
Sharon