Monday, September 22, 2008

The preliminary court date is set....again

We were told today that our 2nd preliminary court hearing is scheduled for Friday the 26th!! This was such great news!! If you remember, our first preliminary court date happened on Sept. 2nd but that was when it was realized that all of Nicholas' documents were not turned in by the orphanage so the actual court date could not be scheduled. Well, this time all of the documents are there and they will meet (the judge and our rep. in Russia) to discuss our case and assign us a court date! Hopefully, usually, it is within a couple weeks after the preliminary hearing!! So...good news today...now we wait until Friday to hear how it went...there is still hope that Nicholas will be home in time for trick or treating!!!!!!!!!!!! Please pray for Nicholas as he waits for his family...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news Scott and Tammi!! We are so excited for you! We pray that Friday will bring even more good news!

In our thoughts and prayers-
Bill and Greta

Scott & Tammi said...

Great News!!! Finally things are moving forward. I am so happy for you all.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Great News!
I have been waiting for this post, and I'm excited that finally things are in place to have a positive pre-trial! I can't wait to hear the news.
Adrian

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to read this post. I'm thinking of you all.

Lori