Sunday, June 1, 2008

4 Months Today...No News Yet!!!!

Today we hit the 4 month point of the o to 4 month predicted wait. Our dossier went to Russia on February 1st. I'm hoping that Scott receives the call with information about his son for his birthday on Wednesday - how fabulous would that be! Until it comes, we wait...and wait...and wait... the agency does ensure us that it will be happening soon! I promise to post the day it happens!


This week I decided to try my hand at adding photos to the blog. Here is a photo of the gifts we will be bringing to the 10 to 12 caretakers at our son's orphanage as a small thank you for their time and commitment to the children. Russia is very much a gift giving society and the act of bringing a gift as a thank you is very much part of their culture. The picture shows the darling pocketbooks with lotions that I purchased for all the female caretakers. There are two different styles...I love the brown and cream embroided bags!



Here is a photo of some of the cute little outfits that we will be bringing with us as donations to our son's baby home (for children 0 to 4 it is called a baby home not orphanage). We want to thank Scott's mom, Aunt Margie, my Gram and Aunt Helen, and Mary Kay for their donations! We look forward to packing them!!! By the way...I'm sorry you have to turn your head to look at these, I tried to turn it once and had to start the whole post from scratch!!!






Lastly, here is a picture of Cooper as he licks his lips waiting patiently for the baby that is sure to spill a lot of food on the floor for him!! Is he not the cutest St. Bernard ever!!!!! He is now 10 months old!!!!

Thank you for your ongoing support as we wait patiently (most days I'd say patiently) for the call informing us that we have been matched with our baby! I look forward to sharing the news with everyone as soon as it happens!!

No comments: