Monday, May 12, 2008

Nada, Zero, Zilch, El Zippo, etc.

Well... as you can tell from the title to this post, we have not heard anything yet. It has been 3 months and 11 days of the 0 to 4 month predicted wait. I'm getting really tired of writing "it can be any day now!!"

The wait has been really hard on me lately. Every time the phone rings I hope it is "the call." However, the phone keeps ringing and it has yet to be the adoption agency on the other end. Scott finally had to remind me that it doesn't matter if it is this week, or next, or four weeks from now - that it will happen and what is another month added to this wait. He said we can do another month easy!! I really needed an "intervention" this weekend as I was dwelling hard on the fact it hasn't happened. Thanks Scott!!! My new philosophy to this wait (Our tax guy has it posted on a sign in his office) - "It is what it is!" Oh how true!!!!

There was a tie on the name poll between Luke and Nicholas! Well...I will tell you that Luke is out of the running as Scott really doesn't like it. It is my favorite but he doesn't like it so "It is what it is!" What a great saying!!! I laughed when he brought to my attention that if Luke was a name I didn't like it would never even be mentioned again never mind put on the web site's poll. Oh how true...he..he..he..(me laughing) As far as our son's name - we are waiting to meet him to officially decide, Luke is out, but Benjamin and Nicholas are still in the mix.

So that is it for this week(unless the call comes)...please keep our son in your prayers as he waits for us in Russia. Also, please keep those effected by the recent earthquake in China in your prayers as they deal with such devastating losses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A song that has meant a lot to me through the years is:

IN HIS TIME
In His time, in His time.
He makes all thing beautiful, in His time.
Lord please show me every day as You're teaching me Your way.
That You do just what You say,
in Your time.
Love, Connie