Amazingly, I didn't take any photos this week as it was very quite around here. I do have a few new things to share though...
Sarah Kate - She is crawling like crazy. She gets from one place to another very fast! She recently discovered the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and now the door needs to be closed. She also discovered the small trampoline in Nicholas' room and absolutely loves jumping on it. She is making gains everyday and it is amazing to watch. She imitates many actions and even sounds too. Her receptive language is getting better daily. If you just say Cooper's name she look around and finds him. Her eating has gotten better in the sense that she seems to be enjoying solid food much more now. She eats anything we eat just cut up in very small pieces. She pulls herself up to the standing position so easily and is even now just holding on with one hand. She is very strong. I was excited to buy new bowls that suction to the table to put her food in. However, although the suction is strong, it is not strong enough for her to easily remove...A waste of money!! She is finally sleeping more regularly during the day. At nighttime, up until the past couple of nights, she went through a stage where she was getting up a couple of times a night. I really hope it was teething and that now it has passed! She still only has her two bottom teeth. She is simply perfect and we are loving her to pieces...our little princess!
Nicholas - Nicholas continues to read like crazy. It amazes me that he will sit and read books all by himself. He loves to read and is so good at it. I can't believe he is only 3!! He loves letters and language and just took out new A to Z books and videos from the library. A cute story...He was watching a video in the car on the way to Boston this past Wednesday and the movie stopped. I told him that the DVD must have a scratch and that happens a lot especially with library movies as so many people borrow them. A couple of days later he was at home watching a movie and it stopped and he said "Mom, I need help, it has an itch!" How funny is that! He is always saying cute things and I try so hard to write them in a book I have so I can remember them forever. Nicholas is doing well with his brace that he got this past Wednesday. He wears it all day up until supper time. At supper we give him a break and then he wears his cast to bed. I was thrilled to see that his running seemed more fluid the other night and hope that the muscles are stretching and his foot is turning and his gait will continue to improve. We really didn't learn too much on Wednesday. We got the brace and saw the doctor so he could makes sure it was perfect. We talked about how Nicholas would be continuing his PT once a week for now and that we would return in 3 months, April 9th. We are suppose to have two important doctor appointments this Wednesday that I have been anxious to attend. The appts. are with the neurologist and the psychiatrist and the goal is to work toward confirming a CP diagnosis. However, after viewing the forecast, it appears we won't be venturing into the city. I called to see when we could reschedule to and the next available is March. Oh well...we'll see! Overall, Nicholas is just simply amazing in all aspects,. He is very healthy, so bright, compassionate, caring, loving, and so much more. We simply adore our beautiful boy!
I know that I posted one time recently about my friend Jen's daughter Hannah. Hannah was suppose to have a scan on the 5th but it was delayed four weeks because she had the stomach bug. Jen has a website where you can check in on Hannah if you are interested. There is a feature where you get an e-mail if Jen adds to the site which is nice because she doesn't add too often. Simply go to www.caringbridge.org and type in hannahobrien. Don't put spaces. This will bring you to her page. You will have to register but it is basic.
Well, I hope everyone has a great week! We are looking forward to a snowstorm, my brother's birthday cake on Friday, and a huge family party on Saturday! There will surely be pictures next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment