Thank you for sharing in our journey to parenthood! We have now traveled to Russia and Florida and have been blessed with two amazing children!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
A little update...
Things have been relatively uneventful here at home. We have been relaxing and enjoying the season! Last Wednesday we took Nicholas to a specialist at Children's Hospital in Boston for a second opinion on the weakness he has on his left side. He has always had it and has made tremendous gains over the past two years. He does appear to have a leg descrepancy as his left leg is shorter. Up until this point we were told that it was a global delay and he would "catch up." However, we wanted to make sure that was true and that we were doing all that we could to help. We had a wonderful experience and seem to be on a path to some definitive answers. He is going to have a couple of easy tests to nail down the reason for the weakness and muscle tightness. I will be sure to let you all know when a diagnosis is confirmed. They did put a cast on his leg for one week to stretch the muscle and turn the foot inward a little. The cast will help to make the brace fitting appointment more accurate. We are going back to Chidlren's tomorrow for a 2:00pm appt. with the doctor and a 4:00pm appt. in the brace shop. It looks like we have a long day ahead of us! We will be thrilled to come home with some more informaiton and answers though. Nicholas has been amazing and seems absolutely unfazed that he has a cast. He picked out yellow, of course!! Here are a couple of shots that I tried to get of his first cast...

Another update...I am officially a mom...he..he... I used three amazon gift cards that I got for my birthday to purchase a new playroom table for the kids. It is all about the kids and I love it! Here are a couple of shots of the kids helping dad put it together...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment