Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome March!!!

We are very excited that tomorrow is March 1st! The end of February is also the end of Nicholas' pain and sleepless nights. Last night was the first night he slept through the whole night and he is finally feeling so much better. That surely was a long 11 days! We are so happy that the surgery is behind us and we are excited to now look for the positive changes as a result. We are hoping his congestion will be gone, his nose won't run constantly, and his breathing and energy level will improve. Even though there is still a bit of swelling, it appears that all of this is happening!
The beginning of March also means that Nicholas' birthday is coming! This Friday, March 5th, Nicholas will turn three years old!! We are going to celebrate at home, just the three of us, on Friday and then have a family party on Sunday afternoon. I'm sure that I will have a lot of fun taking pictures to post next week. Nicholas loves reading and the theme for his birthday party is Clifford the Big Red Dog! I just might be more excited than him as planning it has been so much fun!!
Lastly, March signifies the end to a very long wait. As you all know, we were matched with a birthmother in late August, very early in her pregnancy. Well...the due date is finally nearing...3 weeks from tomorrow!!! We are so excited that we may be just a few short weeks from meeting our daughter. We spoke with the birthmother this past week and she is doing well. She thinks that she will give birth close to her due date of March 22nd. We'll see...I think a St. Patrick's Day baby would be pretty neat! Maybe we would have to give her the middle name Sullivan, my maiden name, if she is born on the 17th! All I do know is that I am starting to feel very anxious and can't wait to get the call!!!!!!
I don't have any pictures of Nicholas this week as he just stayed home, played, read books, slept, tried to drink and eat, and focused on getting better! Next week I will make up for the lack of photos this week.

No comments: