As you know from last week's post, Nicholas went apple picking for the first time. This week when I dropped Nicholas off at my aunt's while I went to work, I also dropped off a basket of apples and some pie making ingredients just in case she was looking for an activity! Needless to say, my aunt Carol is the best and she loved making pies with Nicholas. She even took some photos of the process so I didn't miss it. We are so blessed to have my aunt to watch Nicholas four days a week and Scott's parents one day a week. He gets the best care possible and it sure makes being a working mom easier to bear. Here are some photos of Nicholas making pies. He made two pies, one for aunt Carol's family and one to bring home. What a deal!!!
Apple peeling...
(Notice the Patriots' jersey in honor of their first game that night!)

Pie crust from scratch...

Rolling out the crust...

And the final touches before the top crust is added...

The finished product! Nicholas loves apples and eats them all the time, but when it comes to apple pie he skips pie in order to have more vanilla ice cream!

Nicholas also started horseback riding lessons this week. Nicholas receives early intervention services weekly as a means of catching him up in the areas of speech and gross motor development. Recently we were asked if we were interested in Nicholas receiving "hippotherapy." We said sure and now he has private horseback lessons once a week for thirty minutes in Rehoboth. He works with a physical therapist to strengthen his muscles, balance, coordination, and also on speech activities too. It is an amazing program and it is covered by our insurance. Nicholas loves animals, horses included, and was so excited to begin. Aunt Carol is taking him each week and she took the camera for me so I didn't miss his first lesson. See what I mean about the best care possible!! Here are the riding shots...
Getting the gear on...

Riding in the barn...

Riding outside...I was shocked to see him riding backwards but apparently there is a therapy benefit to it. Who knew!

Have a great week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment