Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We have been matched!!

Hi Everyone,
Scott and I wanted the readers of our blog to be the first people to know that today we were officially matched with a birthmother! She lives in Florida and is due to give birth on March 22nd! We had a wonderful conversation with her on the phone last night and today she confirmed that she selected us to become the parents of her child. It is so exciting and overwhelming that we were matched so quickly as it has been a little less than a month since we completed the paperwork/homestudy process. Over the next seven months we will receive medical updates and try so hard to remain cautiously optimistic about becoming the parents to a second child. The birthmother seems strong in her decision to place her child up for adoption, however she has until 48 hours after the birth to legally change her mind. This is the process of adopting a newborn from the United States and we knew that the waiting stage from matching to adoption would be difficult. We simply ask our friends and family to keep this birthmother and baby in your prayers as she continues along in her pregnancy. We pray that she will remain healthy and be blessed with contentment in her decision of making an adoption plan for her child. We will be sure to keep everyone updated from now to March! What a long 7 months this will be!!! It will definitely help having our Nicholas to focus on during the wait!

4 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. I hope the wait goes smoothly and Nicholas is a big brother before you know it.

Lori

Scott & Tammi said...

Tammi,
That is wonderful news! Congratulations!I will say a prayer for you!
Sharon

Rachel said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for you - this is wonderful!! I will keep you all in my prayers for a fast 7 months and a confirmed decision for you as the chosen parents. I am so excited for Ari will have a playmate! :)

Scott & Tammi said...

Yeah! Another Swensen on the way!!!!
:-)

Love K-