Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally I am able to update you all!!!!

Sorry it took me so long to update. This is the first time I finally have had internet...

We picked Nicholas up on Monday and we have been truly blessed with the most amazing little boy ever!! Unfortunately Nicholas has been so sick. He has the same bad cold he had when we saw him last time. He had trouble breathing and his nose runs constantly. Also, I think he has ear infections and he had conjunctivitis too!! Let's just say that our little guy is not himself this week. Also, let's just say that Scott and I are exhausted!!

We decided to cancel the apartment and we are staying at a hotel in Moscow instead. This is a long story and not a big deal. So we are in a familiar place close to Starbucks thank goodness!!!

Tomorrow the doctor is coming to see Nicholas and hopefully he can give him something so he'll feel better before the plane ride. Then Friday we have our American Embassy appointment and Saturday morning we are coming home - YEAH!!!!

So...basically we are simply trying to figure out our baby - what he likes to eat, drink, etc. We do better each day. I'm sure Nicholas is also trying hard to figure out what in the world is happeing to him as well!!! Although he is sick and things are tough, he is such a wonderful little guy. He has had meltdowns but again he is so sick!

A little more for now...Nicholas is a lot littler than I thought now that we took off his 8 million layers of clothing. He is actually quite a little peanut! He is not walking yet but he should be in a few weeks. He laughs and loves to play and his smile will melt your heart. Scott and I are simply in love with our son and are loving every minute even though we have had challenges...now we see how parents do it!!

I'm going to do a seperate post with some pictures of the baby - then I'll try to update again tomorrow after the doctor comes!!

Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

4 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

Hey there, I am at school and everyone is very concerned. I am so glad you got to post this info.
We are all praying and hoping for the best and that the plane trip goes smoothly!!! Hang in there.. you are almost HOME!!!!!!MK
PS Welcome to parenthood!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new mom, dad, and Nicholas! I loved all of the pictures, Tammi! They brought back so many memories!
Enjoy your last few days in Russia with your new son!
Adrian

Scott & Tammi said...

Congratulations Tammi!! You and Scott must be so ecstatic!! Nicholas is so beautiful and I'm so sorry that he is so so sick....it seems like he's in need of some Swensen love!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Russia and that you have a safe trip home....we all miss you!!!!

Anne (p.s. things at school are going great)

Scott & Tammi said...

We loved seeing the pictures and reading the commentary. We are so happy for you and Nickolas (and ourselves!!!). Can't wait to see you all Saturday at Logan. Love Dad, Mom, Connie, David.