We are still waiting for "the call" from our adoption agency that we were matched with a child. I checked in with our coordinator this week and she said that the time frame is still 0 to 4 months between your dossier going to Russia and receiving a referral (match with baby). It has been 2 months and 3 weeks since our dossier was sent to Moscow, not that I'm keeping track :-) Our coordinator, Kate, said we should have a match within the next few weeks. She also said she doesn't get any information that a referral is on the way, it simply "just appears" one day! So we continue to wait for it's appearance...
Scott is returning tomorrow from the last major business trip of the year for him. He was so stressed that he would have to travel to Russia during this busy time at work. The good news is that he is very excited it hasn't happened and said he is so looking forward to coming home and focusing his attention on preparing for our trip to meet our son. This is definitely a positive look on the wait being on the longer end of the range.
I'm on April vacation this week and I'm working on getting us ready for the trip. I have done a little shopping and bought these really cute handbags with lotions for each caretaker at the orphanage. I needed to bring 10 - 12 gifts for the female caretakers and was so excited to find these handbags at Kohl's during a one day sale, on clearance, in addition to a 30% off coupon given to me by my friend MaryKay!!! I love deals!! The adoption process is so expensive that it helps to save wherever possible! I am now going to get out the suitcases and start packing some of the items we're taking as we may have as little as 3 days notice before we leave!
I want to thank all our family and friends for your continued support and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment